Pep has been in the fight game since 1990, initially through his involvement in martial arts for a decade. In this time he achieved an Australian National Title, made the Australian Under 18’s Squad, and was chosen for Olympic Trials in 1996.
Pep moved into boxing in 2000 and found his calling in training others. He learned to be a trainer under the late Laurie Hamer and Geoff Peterson. Pep has also gained formal training qualifications through Boxing WA and Combat Sports.
Pep draws on a wide range of skills and strengths when training fighters, including:
- understanding the psychological side of fighting
- knowledge of strength and conditioning
- Technical boxing skills
- an ability to work with both orthodox and south paw fighters
- experience working with amateurs and professionals
- ability to adapt his training to suit the fighting styles of different individuals
- ability to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures
Pep has trained high-level fighters including former Australian Heavy Weight Champion Wild Bill Nasio. His fighters have achieved a variety of titles and experiences while training under him including:
- Professional Titles (Asian Pan Pacific Title)
- Amateur Titles (Golden Glove and Silver Glove champions and state championships)
- selection for trials for Commonwealth Games
- selection as State Representatives
- professional undercard for high-level Australian fights (e.g. Green vs Mundine 2)
- main event Australian professional fights
Dom has been in the boxing world for 3 decades. He is known as the “eagle eye”, as he picks up minute details that make the biggest difference when training fighters. Dom brings a wide range of strengths and skills to training fighters including:
- technical boxing skills.
- strength and conditioning.
- an understanding of both amateur and professional fighters.
- ability to work with both orthodox and south paw fighters.
- an ability to work well with youth and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Dom also acts as the cut man in the corner for professional fighters fighting out of the Agoge Boxing Gym.
Fighters training under Dom have achieved various titles and experience including:
- Selection for Commonwealth Trials.
- State and Golden Glove Championships.
- Fighting in undercard fights for big-name professional fighters.